Mental Health First Aid
Just as CPR helps you assist an individual having a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid helps you assist someone experiencing a mental health or substance use-related crisis. In the Mental Health First Aid course, you learn risk factors and warning signs for mental health and addiction concerns, strategies for how to help someone in both crisis and non-crisis situations, and where to turn for help.
- We Can Come to your Site. The Mental Health First Aid course is held at your site and is taught by Nationally Certified instructors and professionals of Recovery Resources in 8 content hours. The cost is $2,500 for up to 30 participants and minimum of eight. To schedule a training for your organization contact Carol Metlicka at (216) 431-4131 ext. 4202 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend a Training at Recovery Resources. Mental Health First Aid is offered during the year through our Training Institute. Upcoming trainings are listed below.
Mental Health First Aid TrainingRegister Today!
November 8-9, 2017 from 9:00 am- 1:30 pm both days
Location: Recovery Resources 4269 Pearl Road, Cleveland, OH 44109
Contact: Carol Metlicka email@example.com
Cost: $150 per person or $125 per person for groups of 5.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an eight-hour course, taught over 2 days, that teaches you how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
A three-year certification in MHFA is available upon completion of the 2-day course. You must attend both days to obtain the MHFA certification.Our nationally certified trainers teach a five-step action plan that will help you assess a situation, implement appropriate interventions, and help the person connect with professional care.PLEASE NOTE THE MHFA COURSE IS SCHEDULED FOR TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS WHICH YOU MUST ATTEND:
Wednesday, November 8 from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM AND Thursday, November 9 from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM.
Recovery Resources offers clinicial trainings for social workers, counselors, chemical dependency professionals and nationally certified gambling counselors. A listing of upcoming trainings is below.
2017-2018 Clinical Supervision Series
Recovery Resources is proud to offer our Clinical Supervision Series that will provide all the education needed to obtain this designation. This series includes four, six-hour trainings, once per month for four months. Each training cost $100, and if you register for the full series you receive a $50 discount. The price includes a catered lunch.
If you have any questions about this series please contact Carol Metlicka at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 216-431-4131 Ext. 4202
- All Trainings will be held from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm at Recovery Resources located at 4269 Pearl Road in Cleveland.
- December 8th,2017 - Assessment, Evaluation, and Remediation: Tools for Effective Clinical Supervision
- January 12th, 2018 - Attending to Counselor Development within the Clinical Supervision Relationship
- February 2nd, 2018 - Management and Adminstrative ASpects of Clinical Supervision
- March 9th, 2018 - Legal, Ethical, and Professional Responsibilities related to Clinical Supervision
Register for individual trainings:
- December 8th,2017 Assessment, Evaluation, and Remediation: Tools for Effective Clinical Supervision REGISTER
- January 12th, 2018 Attending to Counselor Development within the Clinical Supervision Relationship REGISTER
- February 2nd, 2018 Management and Adminstrative ASpects of Clinical Supervision REGISTER
- March 9th, 2018 Legal, Ethical, and Professional Responsibilities related to Clinical Supervision REGISTER
A request for CEUs has been sent for the Counselo, Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapist Board and Chemical Dependency Board.
We offer gambling addiction training conveniently located across Ohio in collaboration with, and partially sponsored by, the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services. Each two-day session provides 12 CEUs, RCHs and NCGC hours. In addition we offer live and home study webinars on treatment and prevention topics. These webinars are made possible by a grant from The Alcohol, Drug Addiction and Mental Health Services (ADAMHS) Board of Cuyahoga County.
- State Gambling Treatment Training Series
- Live & Home Study Webinars
For more information on trainings
Contact Carol Metlicka